No. Physiotherapists are direct access health care providers. However, some health insurance providers may require a physician’s referral for reimbursement of fees paid for physiotherapy treatment. Please contact your insurer if you are unsure of their requirements.
We treat most musculoskeletal and orthopedic injuries as well as some neurological conditions including:
- Spinal conditions: Low back pain, neck pain, thoracic pain, sacroiliac dysfunction, disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis and other spinal mobility issues. We also manage whiplash from motor vehicle accidents, falls or sports injuries.
- Sprains and strains: Tendonitis, tendinosis, and other tendinopathies such as calcific tendonitis, bursitis, muscle strains, ligament sprains.
Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI): Lateral epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow), Medial epicondylitis (Golfer’s elbow), carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis, rotator cuff tendonitis, patellar tendonitis, thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS).
- Arthritic conditions: Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, fibromyalgia, polymyalgia, polymyositis
- Sports Injuries: We manage sports injuries of all joints and soft tissues.
- Post-operative rehabilitation: Total Knee arthroplasty (TKA), Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA), ACL reconstruction, knee meniscal repair, shoulder, elbow and wrist surgeries, hip, knee and ankle surgeries, spinal surgeries.
- Post-fracture rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation: Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), vestibular hypo-function, proprioceptive dysfunction, vertigo.
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Your first visit will take between 30-60 minutes. Your therapist will take a thorough history of your complaints. They will ask you about the goals you hope to achieve from your treatment.
- On your first visit your therapist will also perform relevant physical tests to help establish a diagnosis. They may recommend further testing such as an xray or MRI.
- All of these details are then used to work with you to establish an individual treatment plan to help resolve your condition.
- What to bring on your first visit: Please bring any copies of referrals, test results related to your current condition, and a list of your current medications.
- Please wear appropriate clothing: Shorts, tank tops or loose clothing make it easier for your therapist to access the area of your condition. You can change at the clinic if needed.
Yes there is a large free parking lot with several handicap spaces. There is easy access to the Shoppers building parking lot from Centennial Drive or Princess Street.
Unfortunately we do not accept WSIB insurance claims.
Yes we deal with all MVA insurance claims.
In some cases there is OHIP coverage for physiotherapy. We only provide fee for service physiotherapy. If you are looking for OHIP covered physiotherapy please ask your family physician for options at St. Mary’s of the Lake Hospital.